Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Plays Well With Others

I'm not sure what's up with me, but I've been a bitter person at work lately. Actually, I do know what's up. I have one coworker that's just a...he's a, uh, well... hmm...man he's such as ass. No one likes him. No one. I'd rather it be slammed busy and him out then to have it quiet with him there. When he is out, it's like the boss is out for the day - there's just a different feeling in the air. That uncomfortable, stressed, aggravating feeling is gone! And there's all sorts of little petty shit going on lately, one of which being lunchtimes and good phone coverage. My job requires that there be people to man the phones...I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with you turning your 45 minute lunchbreak into an hour and a half and me sitting there tethered to my desk, starving. You know what, I'm almost so mad thinking about it right now I don't know how to put all of my frustration into words. There are 3 of us that do the same job. If one person's out (sick, vacation, midday quickie with a hooker, whatever), that means there are just two left. And with just two people there are going to be times when there are only one. It's going to happen, people just need to deal. I don't get why one person being there for 20 minutes alone is such a big damn deal. Because of some training, I spent the entire day Friday working alone. By myself. With no one else. And did anyone in management care then that I was alone. All day. For over 8 hours?! NO. There's more to this story, but again, just so aggravated I can't get it all out. I just know that thanks to AssMan my nice happy job is rapidly going to shit. Why doesn't he quit already? That would make everyone happier.

No comments: