Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dreaming About A Baby

I was talking to a friend last night, saying how I hoped I'd be able to sleep in this morning. I don't know what's up with me, but I'm incapable of sleeping in. I don't understand how during the week I get ripped out of sleep when my alarm goes off, yet on the weekend my little eyeballs pop right open at almost the exact time I'd be getting out of bed. I wonder, am I paranoid that I'm about to sleep through my alarm? I don't get it. Well, this morning I did manage to sleep in some, but now I'm kind of wishing I had gotten up early.

No, it wasn't another dream where Kim was pregnant. And by the way, I've probably said this before, but that's not a dream, it's a nightmare! The dream started off kind of normal...I was up in Massachusetts and out shopping with my cousin Justine. Justine and I talked recently about me heading up North, so I can see why she showed up (miss you!). As we were out I got a phone call that it was time, the baby was being born. What confuses me is I'm not sure whose baby, and suddenly I was at a hospital in NC and Justine was gone. My mom and my brother were there, but I still can't figure out why they had interest in this baby. The mother of the kid was giving her up for adoption, and it's like she had the baby and was ready to roll out and just leave the kid behind - didn't even need any more medical attention because she was doing fine. The baby on the other hand was wicked tiny, she didn't even look like she was ready to be here. I remember holding her, choking back tears because she was so tiny, her little legs barely larger than one of my fingers. The rest of the dream was about finding parts to make sure she would work properly, like she was a little machine that needed some upgrades.

There's so much more detail that I remember, but it's just the feelings that go with it all that have started off my morning on the wrong foot. I can't tell you how much I hate this - none of that was real, so that stressed, upset feeling I have? Get over it! There's no reason for it. That sinking feeling in my stomach that I get when upset...move on out! No need!! Again, I'm going to complain, why can't I just go to sleep and sleep? Why can't there be a way for my brain to just keep my heart beating, lungs breathing, etc, and have that just be it? It's a no wonder I'm so tired...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw something on the news recently about how women tend to have more vivid dreams than men. And more nightmares. I would agree with that study. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with weird dreams that wishes my internal alarm would BACK OFF on the weekends!