Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Phew!

When I first got a checking account my mom taught me how to use the statement and balance it, down to the penny. Over the years I've kept up with keeping it balanced, and if it's not, it drives me nuts. I want to balance down to the last cent. I'll admit though, over the last few months I've been pretty slack, and I haven't balanced it in awhile. Yep, need to get back in the habit because I made a little boo-boo, which could have resulted in an overdraft charge. Lucky for me I had some extra money "hidden" in there, which I ended up having to spend. D'oh! I did get some good news...I submitted my claim a few weeks ago to get reimbursed for having my wisdom teeth taken out. Guess who got a check in mail today! Couldn't have come at a better time!

Oh, today was a pretty good day at work. Hank wasn't there. From the moment I got out of bed this morning I knew it was going to be a good day without him there - purely because he wasn't there. Terrible that we have to have coworkers like that. I have made a new friend at work. He doesn't work in the same area as me, but we get to chat it up on Sametime. We were chatting about where to out (he's somewhat new in town) and I made a comment that, when I reread it, made me sound like a drunk. He said my comment was fine, so long as I wasn't 30. What it young whipper snapper! Almost, but not quite - yet!

No comments: