Thursday, June 4, 2009

When It Rains, It Pours

So frustrated right now that I imagine this post, if I publish it, could quite possibly end up being an incoherent mess of swearing and sentence fragments. Let me start with soccer...that's something that has me frustrated, but I need to remember it's a game and this is all for fun.

Last season it seems that we had really come together as a team and we were playing with awesome chemistry. This year we have a few new players, lost some old ones, and things aren't quite flowing smoothly. I think we have too many people on our team. And if that wasn't bad enough, one of the players last night couldn't make it, so his buddy who is also on the team brought in an extra person. While that person did play well, it's not fair to the folks sitting on the bench that paid to play. If I were those guys, I'd be livid. I also don't understand how we end up with some of the lineups we have. One of our best players seemed to be stuck on defense a lot...personally I like it when he's our midfielder and playing both ways.

Next there's work...I'm not even sure where to begin. I've already decided I'm going to die at an early age and it's going to be a heart attack. Or a stroke, that's possible too. A mix of clients and coworkers, by the end of the day my head hurt so bad I felt nauseous. One of my coworkers that typically works in another building was in mine today working on a special project. I felt so bad, he asked me how I was doing and before I could help it the tears started running. Now it wasn't the ugly girl cry (you know the one I mean) it was just tears, but they were tears nonetheless. I feel like again I've gotten myself into a job that promises of opportunities for growth, yet I'm stuck where I'm at. The economy certainly isn't helping things - yay hiring freeze! Recently I found out that the big dogs are considering giving me and my coworker some extra responsibilities. While I'm all for learning more, I want that knowledge to come from a more technical perspective. So far it looks like our new workload with consist of administrative duties. Great...that's gonna help me go far. Look at me! I can use a fax machine! Shall I make another pot of coffee with I copy and collate this handout for you?

Hmm...just went through and reread some of what I wrote. Not bad...now I'll admit I pretty much just scanned over things, but I see no typos (but if there were, no fear I can order white-out now) and the sentences look like they might be complete thoughts. Go me!

1 comment:

Erin said...

That involved much less swearing than I expected.

Also, do you know who knew that Matt guy last night? Turns out I knew him in college. It's a small world!