Monday, June 22, 2009

Babies On The Brain

Have I had my "I don't want kids" rant on here? I suppose I could go back and look, but, well, that would require me putting forth some effort. Why do that when I can just run off at the mouth (or fingers)? We've got a prego at work that's due in the next two weeks. On my soccer team is another prego. Ok, she doesn't play anymore, but the hubby/babydaddy does. Last night a good friend from college was in town and stayed the night. Yep, she's prego too. Of course there's nothing wrong with having kids. Wait for me there is, but everyone else, nothing wrong. I to a point don't even mind baby/kid conversation (keep your gross stories to yourself)...I like other people's kids, just not the idea of my own. I think that one shouldn't think of parenthood as a sacrifice. It's more like a trade-off. Sure, I can't do blah blah anymore, but who cares, I get to do yada yada instead! I just don't foresee parenthood being for me. Yes yes easy for me to say right now because I'm single, of course, you need not remind me of that. But even when I think that sure, some day I'd like to be married, that's where that thought stops. Yep, like to be married. Oh wait, maybe get a dog. Marco was sitting in my lap the other night, and I was looking down on him thinking, "My God I love this cat. I really and honestly love him with all of my heart." Then for a moment I imagined the creature in my lap being a baby and not my awesomely awesome kitteh. AUGH! I think I'd spend most of my time as a parent trying to figure out a way to get rid of the kid. At least with the cat I can leave him for a few days with some chow, water, and a half-clean litter box!

No comments: