Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hogar Dulce Casero

Translation: Home sweet home! Ok, not really. Well, that is the correct translation, but I think that phrase implies I'm happy to be home. I don't dislike being home, but you know I'd rather still be on vacation.

And what a vacation it was! We flew out to the Florida Keys last Friday morning. We stayed at Tranquility Bay in Marathon. The place was beautiful, like a 3 bedroom townhouse, pretty close to the pool. I'll post some pictures on Flickr later. Friday we just hung out, visited the pool, went out to dinner and shopped a little, getting groceries and a few other things to have around the house.

Saturday we headed down to Key West to wander around and take in the sites. While we were there we went to the aquarium...I got to pet a shark! It was a nurse shark, and I petted it on the tail, nothing to worry about. Key West was fun, but holy shit was it hot!! After Key West it was back to our place and chilling in the pool.

On Sunday we rented a boat...a 21' powerboat. Friday and Saturday did have some rain, but it was late at night. It also rained on Sunday, and it happened while we were out on the boat heading to the Sombrero Reef Lighthouse. That was a little unnerving....we could see the dark clouds heading our way and we knew we were screwed...there was no getting out of the way of the storm. The sky eventually cleared up and we made our way to the lighthouse for a little bit of snorkeling. All I can say is AWESOME!

Monday we headed to the Bahai Honda State Park to hang out on the beach. While we were there we decided to take their snorkeling tour. We were only able to spend an hour in the water out at the Looe Key. If I thought Sombrero Reef was awesome, then Looe Key was 10x more awesome! We saw a grouper that was as big as I am...freaking scary and awesome. I missed the nurse shark swimming around, but there was one. It was a beautiful day so I'm sure that helped to make this trip better that our first snorkeling trip. Monday ended with dinner at Benihana. Mmm...delicious! I did find it hilarious that our chef worked for the Kanki in Crabtree and Sono downtown.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Sounds like you had a great vacation! And you're back just in time for the soccer game!