Friday, January 16, 2009

Wow that hurts!

I've been meaning to give you guys an update of Game #2. Well, it had it's ups and downs. So cool thing #1 - we won! But it didn't really count because we had already had to forfeit the game because we didn't have enough players when the game started. Cool thing #2 - I scored a goal! However, it was the LAMEST goal ever. Seriously, had that ball been rolling any slower it would have started rolling backwards, I kid you not. How that ball made it in, I have no idea. BGF was there and said the goalie was wicked pissed, and I can't blame him...the ball was moving that slow. I didn't last very long...I have a strained muscle. I was running late and didn't get a chance to loosen up and stretch. I think I made it all of 60 seconds in the game before I felt the burn in my right leg. BGF thinks inguinal injury - I'm tyring to figure out where exactly that is...that looks like it's more in the abdomen. That's not at all what hurts, it's the top of my thigh. And I have never felt pain like that. It's much better now, sometimes my leg feels a little tight and it's sore walking up or down stairs. But that night, there was a point where I honestly thought I was going to throw up it hurt so bad. Now yes, I admit, I'm a total wuss, but it was awful!!

I was talking to my best friend from home, commenting on how I played for 4 years, all of high school, and never got hurt. Her response? "Seventeen is a lot different than 27." Oh no you didn't, bitch! She was just repeating the words of her husband's doctor to him when he got hurt playing soccer. He's played soccer for a long time, and didn't suffer any injuries until he hit 27. Guess I am getting old. I think I'll be fine by the time next Wednesday. I want to score a less lame goal!

Not much else is going on. Oh, I have a fireplace in my apartment, and I'm actually considering trying to figure out how to turn it on. When I very first moved in GravyDave tried to turn it on, but it never did work. I didn't really care, I didn't foresee myself actually using it. With this cold weather though, I've been thinking about turning it on, but I'll be honest - I'm scared of it. It's a gas fireplace and I just think I'll manage to blow myself up. Maybe it would be best if I left it alone...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you haven't used your fireplace! Sitting on the sofa reading a book with the fireplace on is one of my favorite things.