Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I Had Fun!!

First and foremost, I thought I was going to die - my fat ass needs to get in shape! I'm surprised my lungs didn't explode and my heart stop dead in it's tracks. I admit I'm not good, but it was so much fun to get out there and kick the ball around. I did have one (really lousy) shot on goal, and I had some passes that connected. BGF did come to the game with me, and he did have some advice for me. I need to be more aggressive, and be more confident. I'm sure both of those will come with time. Did I mention I had a good time? I really really did! The only bad thing is our team needs more players. Anyone interested? There are always 6 players on the field, a goalie and 5 in the field, and you sub in and out on the fly. That was incredibly hard for us to do as there were times we had no subs. We didn't have one initially, but a player showed up, but having an extra man didn't last too terribly long because a player was hurt. Season ending hurt...no good. But then at halftime another player on the team showed up, and he hurt his knee. It's doubtful that he'll play anymore. That totally sucks. Oh, I just realized I didn't mention we lost. I think the final score was...8-1? Some number to 1. But we scored! Well, one of the guys that got hurt scored. Sigh...but it was still fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You said this is indoor? I'm guessing it's co-ed? Are games always on Wednesday nights? Where do you play? Nate was looking at playing indoor soccer if you guys seriously need extra players shoot me an email and I can ask him about it.