Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Slacker

So I have some big news, and one would think that I'd make an effort to update this thing. Guess who's a mommy!? It's me it's me!! On Sunday I became the proud new mommy of Marco. Isn't he a cutie? I got him from the Wake County SPCA on Sunday. I tell people I didn't pick him, he picked me. I was petting a kitty near him and he kind of swatted at me, so I bent over and scratched him for a sec, and then moved on. He decided to get out of his bed, walk over to me, and put his paws up on my arm, and try and pull himself up. I picked him up and knew at that moment he was the kitty for me! He was purring and nuzzling with me, and my heart just melted.

I decided to name him Marco after Marco Polo. His name was originally Cary, but yeah...no. When I got him I actually ended up going to BGF's house, where there are 3 cats. As soon as we opened the kitty carrier he was out and about, exploring everywhere, and certainly not afraid of those 3 bitchy kitties hissing at him. Poor girls, didn't know what to do with a man in the house! He was all over the place, looking around, checking things out, so I knew he should be named after an explorer, and Marco was the name he responded to when I called it out at him. I promise I will do my best not to turn this into a cat blog, but please give me some time. I've got the new parent excitement/anxiety going!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, congrats, he's adorable!