Tuesday, November 18, 2008

SO Tired

So I did go back to work today. Holy crap was it rough! When I got home I slept from 7:00 - 9:00 and I am still beat. And in pain. My throat is hurting. Sigh...it was good to see everyone. It felt good - as soon as I walked in the door everyone was excited that I was back. But that also meant a lot of people that wanted to talk! Jackass coworker did come over at one point to talk to me, and he actually ended up being nice to me! Shocking I know!! He was there when another friend asked how the pain was, and did they give me anything for it. I told him I'm in constant pain...that I don't notice when I swallow and it does hurt, because that's the norm. I take notice when I swallow and it doesn't hurt. I think Jackass actually listened and was much nicer to me afterwards.

*Warning* gross details ahead: I think things will get noticeably better when I start sleeping better. Last night was one of my worst nights so far. Bleeding is normal, and even more so when you're not drinking enough. I was sleeping like the dead last night, when suddenly I could feel it. The blood was just running down the back of my throat. The taste was awful...I hopped up and headed to the bathroom and spit. At first I wasn't sure that I was bleeding, but oh yeah, I was. It was awful, I could feel it running down the back of my throat, with no way to make it stop. I spit out what I could, which was unnerving to see the mouthfuls of red in the sink. I tried to drink some gatorade, which did help. I think drinking in general helps it stop. But that was my entertainment from 2 - 4 this morning. I even spit out a bloodclot. Holy crap was that disgusting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God that sounds awful! Does it take a long time to heal? I would think it would also suck to drink too much before bed because I'd be up 12 times having to use the bathroom!