Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gross Details

Well, things haven't been going so well since my last update. Monday was a very good day. The pain was tolerable and I was drinking like a champ. However, starting yesterday at noon things took a turn for the worse. I didn't sleep all that great Monday night, and I was woken by my phone at 7:22 Tuesday morning when the cable guy called. I bought a sexy new LCD tv on Sunday, and the cable dude wanted to know if he could come by early and setup my box instead of waiting until my scheduled time of 1:00 - 5:00. Lucky for me, but moreso lucky for him that he came by that early. During his scheduled time I was busy sitting in my bathroom on the toilet with a trash can in my hands.

We're not 100% sure what it is wrecking my stomach. At 3:00 this morning I quit taking my heavy-duty pain killer, thinking that might have been what was causing it, but when I threw up this afternoon I figured, nope, that wasn't it. Mom did call my doctor this afternoon and told her what's been going on, so now I'm no longer on my fucking $91 antibiotic. I am on a children's probiotic now. Awesome...children's meds for a child's surgery. The probiotic is meant to "maintain the balance of the intestinal flora." Whatever will keep food & fluids in me, I'm cool with it. The biggest problem right now I have is being dehydrated. I'm supposed to drink 8 oz. an hour, and that's just not happening.

My mom has to leave tomorrow, and she said if I wasn't feeling better she's taking me with her. I'm not down with that...I can't imagine being in the car for 2 hours. But at the same time I can't imagine throwing up and not having someone here to hold my hair back. Ugh...this is what I was so afraid of!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Kim--let me know if you want me to come over and stay with you tonight or tomorrow. I can also bring you some stuff if you need it