Saturday, June 14, 2008

Whoops!

Last night I went to the home of some friends to have a going away party for some other mutual friends. The hosts bought a bunch of pizzas and and wings, and they had all the food on the table in the kitchen. I was feeling a little hungry so I thought I'd grab a slice of pizza. I opened the box and was grabbing my piece of the pie when I noticed there was smoke rising up. And I do mean smoke, not steam from a piping hot pizza. Quickly I shut the box and then immediately saw the source of smoke - the flyer attached to the top of the box and fallen onto a candle. And not only was it smoking, yep, there were flames too. I snatched the flyer off the box and blew out the flames. Only a few people saw it and everyone laughed, but man, I was so freaking embarrassed. I mean, what does that tell you? Invite Kim over and she'll attempt to burn your house down!

No comments: