Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Not Easy

Recently at work there was a new initiative to get people up and moving. If you signed up you'd get a free pedometer and you track your steps for the next two months; the goal is 10,000 steps per day, which is approximately 5 miles. For those of us with desk jobs, it's not all that easy. I have been able to do it a few days and come very close most others. Today I'm at 11,164. I got there by walking and also playing Dance Dance Revolution on the PS2. It's kind of fun. I'd probably like it more if I didn't suck at it, but I'll get better. Or at least that's what I'll keep telling myself!! It's fun to see everyone getting motivated and thinking of ways to get more steps in. A lot of the malls around here even open early for people to come and walk in a safe (and air conditioned) environment. I want to start doing that, but I'm going to need to sit down and figure out my schedule and how exactly I want to do things.

I emphasize the way I want to do things because I have a coworker who has also started walking at the mall and has asked me to join. I have no opposition to walking with this coworker, but there are some things frustrating me. I do not want to start as early. While I think it would be awesome to get up and go, I don't want my entire night ruined because I'm freaking exhausted. If all I want to do is come home and crash, I'm never going to stick with it. I can just see myself feeling frustrated, like I have no social life, and quitting on the walking.

Actually, I feel so frustrated at the moment I can't even get everything out of my head. Since this walking initiative has started, more people are also focusing on what they're eating. I'm certainly one of those people. I don't want to bust my ass and walk all those steps only to ruin with tons of bad foods. But lately, I feel like there's too much focus on exercise and food. I feel like I'm being analyzed. And it doesn't help that people know I'm on Weight Watchers. I don't religiously count my points, but I do keep a rough estimate in my mind. But that's for me to worry about, not you. AUGH!!!! I'm so jfasddjkkjlasdgjklkla right now. I think I'll go watch Boston *hopefully* whoop up on the Lakers.

No comments: