Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Walk A Lot

This morning when I was walking to work I realized they had one of the blocks I normally walk through blocked off to automobile traffic. Later, after I was at work, I found out why the street was closed off. A coworker sent me a link to the Million Step March and suggested we check it out on our lunch break. And we did. I received a little pedometer and the chick running the booth told us the first 300 people to walk 1,000 steps would get a free lunch. Coworker and I took off to look at some townhouses, and before I knew it we were back at the event with over 5,000 steps. The free lunch consisted of a 6-inch turkey sub from Subway, a bottle of water, and an apple. Nice and healthy! I did also get a t-shirt. I'm going to try and keep using the pedometer and see how I do increasing my steps each day!

No comments: