Saturday, April 5, 2008

So Much For A Good Deal

Awhile back I booked my flight for my trip up to Massachusetts on Skybus. What a wicked good deal! $100 for a round trip flight - how freaking awesome! The flight up yesterday was great. Honestly one of the nicest planes I've ever flown on. As my coworker and I were flipping through the onboard magazine, we were discussing other places we could go on Skybus...New Orleans here we come! So last night I'm partying up with some of my cousins and some friends when one of my other cousins calls. She wanted to know where we were, what we were up to, and oh yeah, did you hear Skybus declared bankruptcy. WHAT?! Silly girl! Don't you know April Fools Day was last week? Nope, as of April 5, 2008 Skybus is no longer in business. Hmm...I wouldn't really care except that I am 800 miles from home and now my return flight has disappeared. And not only is my return flight nonexistent, but so is the return flight for coworker from Old Job and the crew that came up to MA with her. Holy crap. Part of me went into panic mode....how much money is it going to cost for me to get home? How can Skybus do this to me? How could they knowingly let me get on a plane knowing they wouldn't be able to bring me back!!? Oh well...everything's going to work out. I did find a one way ticket home that's not too expensive. I can appeal to my credit card company to get a refund on my original flight. My new flight is pretty similar to my original. I'll leave and get home at pretty much the same time. With Skybus I was going to fly into Greensboro, now I'm flying into Raleigh which is actually better for me. And now back to my vacation....woohoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard about Skybus! I'm glad you were able to find another flight and you'll be able to get a refund for your original ticket. That would really freak me out, to fly someplace and then find out there was no flight home!