Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Girly Girl

I tell you, there are times I feel like I just don't fit in with other girls. I like movies with guns, violence, and swearing. I'm not much into romantic comedies. Last year I saw "The Ugly Truth" and wanted to shoot myself. I found Katherine Heigl's character to be annoying rather than funny. The movie wasn't a fun experience for me. This Valentine's Day a new movie is coming out with a stellar cast...Bradley Cooper (hottie), Anne Hathaway (so beautiful), Jennifer Garner, Julia Roberts, Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Topher Grace, Jaime Foxx, Patrick Dempsey, and the list goes on. Guess what the title of the movie is? "Valentine's Day" - you got it! I think the cast is awesome, I really do. But I have absolutely no desire to see it. None whatsoever. I'm hoping the Marrieds will go see it together and leave me out of it.

It's not just movies I don't like either...wedding talk bores the life out of me. Do I want to get married? Sure! Do I want a wedding? NO! I've been a bridesmaid in one wedding, and that was enough for me. To me it just seems like an assload of work and money for one day. One day that I've heard so many couples say that was just a blur. What's wrong with just getting dressed up and going to the courthouse? Then, if you want, throw a big damn party? Let's be honest, who really cares about the ceremony? I'm sure it's important to the bride and groom, and to their families, but who else cares? Most people just want the fun of the reception. Mighty nice invitation you sent out...really pretty. And into the trash it goes. And then there's the dresses. I'm not gonna make you wear some stupid dress for a few hours...one that you have to shell out some cash for and then never use again. Same for the bridal gown...though I will say, the brides who have trashed their dresses...I think that's pretty awesome. I'd be down with laying in some mud in that stark white gown!

No comments: