Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bunco Night

Tonight our house hosted a Bunco group. I had to admit, it was fun, but I was beat. Have you ever played before? I hadn't, so I had to learn the rules, such as yelling "Bunco!" at the appropriate time, and snatching the dice when triples are rolled. My luck wasn't very good, and I ended up coming in last place. The cool thing is the person in last place gets their $5 back, so I ended up losing no money. Granted I didn't win any, but I didn't lose any! The part I didn't care for was the chit-chatting prior to play. It was more wedding talk! I swear as soon as it starts my eyes start to glass over. There was wedding talk for a little bit, table decorations and dress alterations. Thank goodness for pigs-in-a-blanket to snack on. And then later Valentine's Day was mentioned. I don't understand that day much either. And this isn't a single girl hating on Valentine's Day, even when I've been in relationships that I've hated on it. Don't get me wrong, I like the stuff associated with the day, a special sweet treat or a nice dinner, but that would mean a whole lot more if it was done spontaneously, and not when it's expected by society. Know what I mean?

No comments: