Friday, March 27, 2009

Throwing Marshmellows

WOW was I PISSED this morning. Folks, please remember if you are in need of technical support, be kind to your technician (because that's always nice) and give them all of the necessary information (very important!). If you do that, then I won't have to deal with your supervisor being a bitch to me. Yay! Oh man was I hot mad this morning. I got a call from a user that had no network connectivity. After checking a few things I informed her that an onsite technician would have to resolve her problem. She quickly put me on hold, saying I'd have to tell her supervisor, and that's when the problems started.

Supervisor gets on the phone yelling that the onsite technician does not need to come out, but our Networking Squad needed to look at the issue. I said that was true if there were multiple machines with an issue, but not if there's only 1. Come to find out there were multiple machines, which was not what the original caller reported. Supervisor snapped at me, wanting me name. Oh really, yeah, you can have my name AND I'll spell it for you if need be. She asked me if I was new (nope, even helped you before) and proceeded to compare me to a person who previously held my position. That was not very nice, and everyone that I told about it was shocked at how evil Supervisor was to make that comparison. Even that employee found it shocking, he says I'm sweet as pie. Finally I had enough. I asked if I could hang up and report the problem, she said sure, she was calling my boss. My reply: "Great! Buh-bye!"

The best thing about this? While I was also in the wrong for being a bitch to the caller, Boss had my back. Awesome!!

No comments: