Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bad!

I've been cleaning up my apartment a lot lately, getting rid of things I don't need. I came across a piece of paper from two years ago. At that time I was pretty much at the heaviest weight I have ever been. The paper was dated January 7, 2007 and at the time I weighed 151 pounds. I also measured around my hips and waist. Having to see those numbers on a piece of paper was pretty difficult. A few months later I joined Weight Watchers. Last year in January I came across that same piece of paper, so I decided to bust out the scale and tape measure. At that weigh-in I was down to 123 pounds (HELL YEAH!!) and both my hips and waist were down 3-4 inches. I remember being so proud of myself that day.

Fast foward to last night...I came across the same sheet of paper again, but this time I couldn't do it. I didn't want to get on the scale or find the tape. I've gained a little weight lately (maybe a good 5 pounds or so), and I know I'm finding myself making bad decisions again. And food is starting to make me feel guilty. Maybe that's a good thing. I chomp down a bunch of oreos and the satisfaction doesn't stay around long.

I need to get back on track with my good habits. Especially with soccer and warmer weather coming back, there's no excuse for me not to be active. I just feel like I'm so damn busy. Yeah, I know that's no excuse, we all are. Part of my problem I know is preparing to move. I'm giving up my independence to pick up some roommates. Right now the toughest thing is deciding what to bring with me, what to keep for later, and what I really don't need at all. I look around my apartment and feel so overwhelmed by it all. Moving sucks.

No comments: