Monday, February 23, 2009

I'll Complain

I have to be honest, my life is pretty drama-free. Sure, I complain about stuff, but things really aren't bad. I gripe about work, who doesn't, but more important things are fine. I have my health, I might not be rich but ends meet with a tad extra. Good friends, good times, I don't have anything big to complain about. So I will bitch about the little things - such as lunch at work.

I try bring my lunch most days. I feel that I eat foods that are better for me, and heck, it's cheaper! One of my cubemates is more like me, mostly brings her lunch but will go out on occasion. The other eats out pretty much every day. That I don't care about. What drives me nuts is the discussion starting at 9:30 and lasting until at least 11:30 every day on what to eat, who's going, when? Blah blah blah. It always seems like such a hassle. That's actually another reason I don't go. No one can agree on anything! Also, it seems like it's never just a little group. One minute it's 2-4 people, the next minute it's 7 plus we're meeting 3 more. That big of a group can't eat in a reasonable amount of time!

Even when I stay behind in the office things don't turn out well. If I'm sitting, facing my pc with headphones on, do you really think I want to talk to you!? NO! Leave me alone! Yeah, like I said, nothing really important to complain about, but I will!

Also, on a completely unrelated note, I found this article interesting...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God that used to drive me nuts! Fortunately the new area I sit in doesn't have much chatter like that any more, but it was always the same people leaving for lunch and they were always gone like 1.5-2 hours. So first they'd spend 3 hours talking about where to go and then another 2 hours actually gone, it was a wonder they got any work done at all!