Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Updates

I was going to say not a lot's been going on, but today is the first day in while I've sat at home with not a lot to do. Been doing some Christmas shopping, watching some football, and working.

I visited the ENT today for my post-surgery followup. I thought she'd tell me I looked great, would give the a pat on the back and send me on my way. Almost happened, but not quite. She was happy to see me smiling - the last time we spoke I had blood running down the back of my throat. She said things look good, but there's still some swelling back there. She asked how I was feeling, and I told her good but my sleep schedule is still screwed up. I've quit taking naps after work, but I am still up and getting my second wind around 11:00. And yet I'm dead ass tired the next day. She wasn't too worried, but expects that to change. I also said I sometimes choke a little when I drink, but she said that's normal. I feel like I really have to concentrate on swallowing. I can't drink continuously from a glass, and I hate drinking with a straw. It's almost like I feel like I'm exaggerating the swallowing process. My throat just needs to learn to close more. Eh, we'll get there. I have to go back in 6 weeks, unless I feel fantastic. She said I had a rough recovery, but most of that can be attributed to going back to work so soon. However, if in 6 weeks I do go back and things still look swollen, they're sticking a scope down my throat. ACK!

What else...work is work, shopping is expensive, and I love football!

No comments: