Friday, December 5, 2008

Can You Read?

My morning has gotten off on the wrong foot. No, that's not true...it started just fine, but then callers have made it go downhill. Maybe I'm just a little too happy it's Friday, and I'm already in weekend mode? Person calls, says they can't log into their machine. Could be quite a few reasons for that so I say, "Can you read me the error message?" And the response is something like "oh you know blah blah contact your administrator!" Am I not phrasing the question properly? Maybe I should be saying "Tell me exactly what it says on your screen. I want you to read the message word for word exactly as it appears and do not leave out a single syllable. Can you do that?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, stuff like that is my favorite. "It didn't work" Well... how did it not work? What did you enter into it that didn't work? What did the error say? Could you please be a little more vague? Happy Friday!