Thursday, October 16, 2008

Live Music

I must say, I love going to listen to live music. There's just something about being in the venue, whether it be outside in the fresh air or standing on tired feet packed like sardines in some small concert hall, that I enjoy. Something about being there, in person, seeing the artist perform, wonderful. Tonight I went with ECN and listened to Ray LaMontagne at the Meymandi Concert Hall in downtown. Let me say that (for the most part) a guy that can sing = hot. A guy that can play the guitar = hot. A guy that can sing and play the guitar = wicked hot. But a guy that can play the guitar and the harmonica, at the same time, holy crap! His voice is incredibly beautiful...a fantastic show! Whether he knows it or not, he will be singing me to sleep tonight!

There were a few things that drove me nuts, and it all relates to the people in the audience. Now I admit I'm addicted to my personal cellphone and my BlackBerry, almost to the point where I could be verging on the absurd side. But even I could sit there for 2 hours and not text/message/emai/call someone! Also, you're at a concert to listen to someone else's voice, so shut the hell up! Do you really need to sit there and carry on a conversation with the person next to you? With that being said, I still had a great time. Man, what a wonderful voice!

No comments: