Monday, October 20, 2008

Flowers

So I was reading a little article entitled "Lifesytle Shortcuts to Big Weight Loss" that I found through MSN.com. One of the shortcuts says that, "Research shows that women who are given flowers enjoy a more positive mood for a full 3 days after they receive them." I've never really stopped to think about it, but I do enjoy flowers for a few days. A few months ago I was having a lousy day at work, and a coworker of mine really was not helping. Finally, as a form of apology, he bought me some flowers from the Farmer's Market out at Moore Square. Those flowers lasted all week, and they really did make me feel happy. So pretty, sitting there on my desk. I smiled almost every time I looked at them!

I could have used some flowers to brighten my day yesterday. I was doing the dishes in the non-water conserving way...you know, just letting the water run as you wash. I felt my foot get wet, and I figured I must have splashed water up and onto the counter. I looked to see where it was running down the cabinet so I could wipe it up, and I didn't notice it. I could see it trickling by the corner of the cabinet door, but I still didn't see it running down the cabinets. Yep, there's the water just trickling out of the corner of the cabinet - WTF!?! I opened the cabinets and more water trickled out. The damn garbage disposal had detached from the bottom of the sink. The only reason it hadn't fallen off completely is because I had an old strainer under the sink and the disposal was resting on it. Nice. I guess there is an upside to renting. I have a nice new disposal, and aside from cleaning up the mess, I didn't have to do any work!



Isn't it pretty!

No comments: