Sunday, November 22, 2009

Waiting Is The Hardest Part

I interviewed for a new position with the same company this past Friday. I know they want it filled quickly, so I'm hoping to hear something during this short week. Rumor has it that it's down to me and one other candidate. I've had people tell me I've got the upper hand because I'm an internal candidate and the other person is not, but we'll see. I'll be pretty disappointed if I don't get it. Most positions within the company are frozen, so the opportunities to move are few and far between. I feel very underutilized where I am, and it's resulting in boredom for me. I think I'm mentioned it before, I'm getting bored so I'm snacking more. I know when I open that pack of nabs I'm not hungry, but it's something to do.

Still not excited about Thanksgiving. Usually when I go the parents house Mom and I will go out shopping, but I'm not in the mood for battling the Black Friday crowds. There are no big ticket items that I want this year. I've got the big HD TV, I've got the gaming systems. Unless I feel like getting an XBox 360. Which I don't. Most of those games are too tough...I'll stick with the Wii. If I don't go shopping, there's not a lot else to do. I do plan on bring my new (actually used) golf clubs home. Heck, they're already in the trunk of my car. Plus a few wiffle golf balls, regular golf balls, and foam golf balls. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

I'm kind of surprised we're not doing more for the holidays. Mom used to say she felt guilty for having to board Sable when we went somewhere. Now that she's gone I thought the folks might travel more. I wonder if not going to MA for Christmas has to do with me and my displease about traveling from last year. When I agreed to ride in the car with my mom, I did so thinking it was only going to be me and her in the car. In the end it was all four of us, and I had to spend over 12 hours in a crowded seat with hardly any room for my feet. I would have gladly shelled out the money to fly. I just didn't want Mom riding alone.

No comments: