Sunday, November 15, 2009

Bah Humbug

As of right now, I'm in no mood for the holidays. I don't feel like having Thanksgiving or the whole madness of Black Friday that will ruin the entire weekend for me. If I go to my parents house it'll be just me, them, and my brother for some part of the weekend. I love my brother, I love my mother, and I like my dad at times. But you put the 4 of us together and there will undoubtedly be fighting. Why do I want to go home to a stressful weekend (even if it is a long weekend) when I get plenty of stress at work. Not appealing. And that's even including all of the holiday traffic that I'll have to deal with. There will be traffic regardless. There's no such thing as a simple trip to the store. Even grocery stores are absurdly busy.

And then there's Christmas. Sigh....more traveling. Will I be in NC? In MA? Last year's trip to MA was awful. Sixteen hours crammed in the back of a car with so much stuff that it overflowed into my seat. And endless questions when I arrived. My answer was standard, to not ask me because I didn't know anything. Quite frankly I'm not in the mood to get a present for anyone. Well, not true. I'll get something for my brother. I have no clue what to get my parents, and I've already said I'm not in the mood to go shopping in the crowds.

No comments: