Friday, May 29, 2009

Homeless

I'm chilling at my mom's house for the night. Had to take care of a few things for her that required my presence here. It's weird to sit in my old room, for as much as it still has things of mine, there's a lot different as well. I still say that I'm "going home" when I come here, but it's not home, and it hasn't been for a long time. With that said, I still don't feel settled in my new place. Everything's pretty much put away....the only thing I can think of that's out of place is a Rubbermaid shoebox sitting on the bed in the spare room. And that's just because I've been lazy and haven't tossed it into the top of my closet. I wonder if the unsettled feeling is because I haven't really spent that much time there. I've lived in the house for 3 months now, but at times I feel like I'm on the go so much that I'm just making pit stops at home. I would like to stress that the roommates and I get along fabulously, and there are certainly no problems on that front. At times I still feel like I'm there visiting even when we're sitting on my couch! I dream about moving, though it's almost always about me busting ass to find a place to live before the school semester starts. GuyRoommate and I were talking the other day, and I made a comment about "your house" and he corrected me to say "our house". Still doesn't feel that way.

No comments: