Sunday, July 12, 2009

Itchy & Scratchy

Last Monday I decided to trim back the English Ivy in our front yard. If we don't watch it it'll grow up onto the porch. After a walk, when I was all sweaty & nasty, I grabbed the hedge clippers and trimmed back the ivy. While I was out there I was attacked by mosquitoes, but apparently there was more. I thought all of the red spots I was seeing was just the bug bites, but bug bites don't spread like my spots were! Turns out I have something poison ivy-ish. I'm not 100% sure that it's poison ivy, which is okay because the treatment is pretty much the same. A steroid shot in the ass followed up by 6 days of steroid pills. I got the shot on Friday and started by pills on Saturday, and things are getting better, but I want it gone NOW. This sucks. It's on my left shin, on my right leg it's on the side and behind my knee in the bend. It's also on my neck and my chest. I've been reading some online things to help with the itch because my calamine lotion is doing jack shit. Apply acetone or nail polish with acetone in it...that burns. I imagine bleach would do the same thing. When I get hot it gets worse. Oh, and do you know what the doctor said to me - "Let your husband take care of the yardwork!"

1 comment:

Erin said...

Wow that really sucks. I hope it starts to ease off soon. And also? I would be PISSED if my doctor told me to let me husband do the yard work. Aside from the fact that I really (mostly) love yard work, umm, REALLY?! Sheesh.