Wednesday, October 14, 2009

BEST GAME EVER

Tonight was seriously my best soccer game ever. I was really nervous about playing. Monday was my first outdoor game, and I was on the field the entire time. Today my legs were really feeling it. I'm currently the only girl on the indoor team, which means I'm on the field the whole time or we play a man down while I take a break. I figured, no way, I'm tough, I can stick it out. Apparently I was so tired prior to the game starting that I failed to remember I'm a chubby old lady! Anyways, I call it my best game ever because guess who scored TWO goals? Yep! That'd be me!!! What's really funny to me is I can't really remember them to tell you the details. I do remember after the first one went in I threw my arms up and screamed, "YES!". I told my teammate I was so happy I considered the game a win in my book, even though that goal only broke up their shutout to make the score 2-1. I couldn't believe it...I kicked the ball and it went in! I cannot even put into words how good it felt to score that goal. And then, a little later, it happened again! Absolutely remarkable I tell ya! It wasn't just scoring that made the game so awesome for me, I felt like I was more aggressive, even though my poor legs were spent. I did have another shot that missed the goal, but man did it have some oomph behind it. It made such a boom when it hit the wall it startled me. And I even had another shot (if you want to call it that) that was too high. Me! Shooting to high! It's crazy!

No comments: