Saturday, December 13, 2008

Just A Fluke?

Sigh...I hope this is not a sign of an impending headache. I went to Target today to pick up 2 prescriptions, and the girl asked me if anything with my insurance had changed, or if I had gotten a new card. I told her no, it's the same insurance and I think that I'll be getting a new card, but I don't have one yet. She then proceeded to tell me they tried to file with the insurance company, but yay! According to the insurance company my coverage has been terminated!

I really hope it's just a computer glitch along the line somewhere and it just affected Target. I got a statement from the hospital the other day asking me to verify all of my information because they're going to submit the claim for my tonsillectomy to the insurance company soon. I just want this to all go through as it should. I told want to have to argue with anyone along the way.

I did check online and my coverage appears active. I tried to call Cigna, but it took almost 10 minutes into their automated menu before I found out their office is closed on the weekend. Ugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully it's just a fluke. I had a problem with my coverage not being activated correctly at my last job so for like 3 months I had no insurance, but since it was their fault and not mine I was able to go back and have everything from that time period filed against it and covered like normal. It was a pain.